Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad COVID-19 Guidelines
In operating the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad, we are following all suggested CDC, State and local Health Department guidelines, to do our part in keeping our guests and employees safe. We ask you to please review and adhere to the following guidelines before arriving:
- We strongly encourage booking your reservation online or over the phone before arriving on the property.
- We strongly encourage all guests to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please limit only 1 person when checking your party in- at our ticket window.
- Please wear face masks throughout your time with us both at the station, and on board the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad. Any guests unwilling/unable to wear a face mask, must refrain from riding with us until we have removed the face mask requirement.
- Follow proper hand washing, personal hygiene, and other CDC guidelines.
- Please only sit in your proper designated seat as shown on your tickets. Do not move to or congregate in open seated sections or cars.
- Be courteous of others in enclosed spaces and walkways.
- Please follow the Social distancing posts/markings that will be placed throughout our facilities. Always keep at least 6 feet between you and others.
- Gatherings should not exceed the stated maximum capacity for each area.
- Plan ahead for meal service by pre-booking our Superior Club, First Class, or Premium Coach classes.
- Stay home if you are ill are exhibiting symptoms of flu or COVID-19. We will work with you on canceling and rescheduling your reservations, without penalty when done in advance.
- To take proper social distancing measures, our seating capacity is reduced to 50% capacity in all cars.
- All employees are screened daily and will wear face masks for the entire duration of their shift/on property.
- Our employees are regularly sanitizing all facilities, especially high touch point areas/surfaces and disinfecting after each excursion.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located at high-traffic areas for guest and employee use.
- Cashless transactions are strongly encouraged throughout the ticket window, and gift shop to reduce as much physical exchange as possible.
- We continue to actively monitor the COVID-19 circumstances as it develops and will follow the guidelines laid out by our local and state officials.
- Per our local health department guidlines, currently meals are not being served on our railroad china.
Disclaimer: The Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad is taking every effort to do our part in keeping our employees and passengers safe. Customers are responsible for abiding by all rules and guidelines implemented. While these measures reduce the risk, they do not guarantee the contraction of the virus. Guests who have underlying health conditions or are otherwise concerned about COVID-19 exposure acknowledge their option not to ride the Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad; ride at your own risk.
Online bookings are now available for you and your family to come enjoy the fresh open air of our Scenic routes in almost heaven, Romney, West Virginia. For any inquiries, questions, or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-424-0736. Please stay tuned to our web-site for further updates on the COVID-19 virus.
The Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad family wants to extend our deepest appreciation to all those working to keeping our nation safe during this difficult time. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you all for your continued support and patience as we navigate through the weeks and months ahead.
You can view all COVID-19 information from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
Ticket purchases remain NON-REFUNDABLE. If cancellations are made due to COVID-19, your in house credit expiration will be extended to October 31st of 2021 (in house credits not valid on North Pole Express excursions).