2020 Group Fares
& Sunset Trough
|All-Day Trip||Green Spring|
|Superior Club:||Adults (13+ Only)||$110||$175||$53|
|Under 4 w/meal||$36||$40||$16|
|Under 4 w/o meal||$0||$0||$0|
|First Class:||All Ages (4+)||$95||$154||$44|
|Under 4 w/meal||$31||$36||$13|
|Under 4 w/o meal||$0||$0||$0|
|Child (Under 4 w/meal)||$12||$19||$11|
|Child (Under 4 w/o Meal)||$0||$0||$0|
|Child Under 4||$0||$0||$0|
Both southbound trips travel through the Trough, the six-mile-long canyon where bald eagles nest. All excursions depart Romney and are round-trip.
Trough Trip & Sunset Trough Trip – our 3-hour trip southbound through the Trough to Sycamore Bridge. No layover. Approximately 35 miles.
All-Day Trip – last Saturday of each month (May to October).
A longer version of the Trough Trip, this 8-hour trip goes further south, through Moorefield, to the end of the line in Petersburg, with layover. Approximately 76 miles.
Green Spring Special – a northbound 1.5-hour trip. Enjoy river views along the South Branch of the Potomac River as well as beautiful farms and rock cuts. No layover. Approximately 25 miles.
Classes of Service
Superior Club – includes 4 course meal service, complemented with Chesapeake
and Ohio Railway china. These restored lounge cars offer loveseats with tables and are climate controlled providing air conditioning or heat.
First Class – includes meal service, in our upgraded, vintage 1947 passenger cars, offering 2 top & 4 top tables, and are climate controlled providing air conditioning or heat.
Premium Coach– Open Window includes a boxed lunch, and features seating for four at each table. These cars feature windows that may be opened to enjoy the breeze; heat is available but limited.
Standard Coach – features reversible seats, which allow guests to face in either direction. Seats are padded, high-back, bench-style. These 1920s coaches feature windows that may be opened to enjoy the breeze; heat is available but limited. Concessions are available for additional purchase during trip, or passengers may bring a small lunch box, no over sized bags or coolers are permitted.
- Group rates apply to 20 or more paying guests. If count drops below 20, the full fare applies.
- Deposit required, determined by class of service:
- Superior Club $500
- First Class $500
- Premium Coach $200
- Standard Coach $200
- Final count and balance of payment is due at least seven days prior to excursion date. Count may increase if seats are available. Balance due at time of increase.
- Groups are assigned seating. Groups may be seated with other passengers.
- Due to the historic nature of our equipment, we are not ADA compliant. However, we try our best to accommodate everyone. Please let us know at least seven days prior to the excursion date of any boarding concerns.
- The tour escort will check in at the Ticket Office (the blue caboose) for boarding instructions. Please have group ready to board at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
- We do not accept pets on the train. However, service animals are permitted.
- No smoking or alcohol permitted on the train.
- Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad makes every effort to maintain its schedule but reserves the right to alter schedules or equipment as operating conditions warrant.
- At least 30 days prior to excursion date: 100% refund.
- Less than 30 days prior to excursion:
- Superior Club—no deposit refund;
- First Class—no deposit refund;
- Premium Coach—50% deposit refund;
- Standard Coach—50% deposit refund.
- Seven (7) days or less prior to excursion date: no refunds
Click to Download