Guest Services Associate
Responsible for providing a range of routine customer service and support to patrons, including reservations, tickets, gift shop, and information requests; operate computer-based reservation system, including accurate data entry and credit card processing; knowledgeable of all sales promotions and special events; knowledgeable of all policies and procedures regarding guest services (i.e. train amenities, accessibility, etc.); provide courteous and timely response to customers for train schedule and other tourist information; promote PE events and local tourism destinations; operate ticket office window; process payments via cash, check, and credit cards; prepare daily sales financial settlements; maintain accurate cash register drawer and receipts; receive and display merchandise and/or equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures; ensure that stock levels and displays are in accordance with established standards; inspect equipment and facilities to ensure customer and employee safety; may create displays and assist in designing marketing campaigns; other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Customer service experience;
- Computer knowledge;
- Cash register/credit card machine operations;
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to stay on task and take initiative;
- Excellent telephone skills;
- Able to give accurate directions to guests;
- Positive attitude and teamwork skills;
- Knowledge of local area/events a plus;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings.
Please send completed application to [email protected] or drop off at 149 Eagle Drive, Romney, WV during office hours.
Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad has a Zero Tolerance Drug & Alcohol Policy.
Potomac Eagle Scenic Railroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer.